Monday, July 24, 2006

I feel stupid.

I put a typo on a cover letter today. Also, I was saying I type 55wpm, but I just took a test and was getting 60-70 consistently and spread uniformly on the interval, so I updated that to 65wpm on my resume just now. My keyboard is not set up for French and its damnable AZERTY right now, so no accents for you. I don't know how fast I can type on AZERTY, it's hard to measure when the keyboard is flying onto the street below. I might have another pro bono typesetting project lined up: a good reference and learning how to typeset in exchange for ~40hrs of labor in air conditioning to be done before the end of August, I'll have to consider it. I do need good references and knowledge of typesetting, but I also need money in August. And lots of it. I'll think about it. If it looks like I'll have something lining my pockets at that time that gives me time for it, sure, why not. All I know is that, on the thirty-first floor, a gold-plated door won't keep out the Lord's burning rain.

So, gentle reader: pro bono typesetting or not? I already need to learn typesetting for a possible theological side project for much later, so should I volunteer for this?

No comments: