Monday, September 11, 2006

on the Greek

So one of these is being dropped in my lap soon, hardly ideal, but good enough for reading on the beach [one must keep one's eyes on something wholesome while there, you know]. I would, obviously, prefer something like this, but when something drops in your lap, you shouldn't complain. It will nicely supplement my recently-acquired God's-Own-Language and Russian PDF Bibles, except that I can actually read the Greek.

Which of course, reminds me of something about literacy. As readers of Mr Sanchez's web-log know, we frequently have visitors from Moody come by and sometimes they may get a little fiesty afterwards. It's hardly fair, since they all are getting degrees in biblical studies and we all are, of course, illiterate and/or forbidden to actually crack open the book, but I figure that no harm will come of it if I clandestinely read the thing1. Don't tell anyone!

1: "Technically, we're not allowed to go to the bathroom."

2 comments:

Caelius said...

Rev. Lovejoy was Orthodox? That explains everything! Wait, no...

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

you know, there are some late 18th/early 19th century Russian bishops he'd fit in quite well with, unfortunately [well, except lovejoy isn't a mason].