Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A quick review of a cheap tea.

I've taken to drinking tea because I sometimes have an urge to drink something during the day besides water and the other options cost real money. e.g., coffee is $2/cup, pop is also costly. I'm a graduate student, I can't do that. Anyway, I've been drinking a cheap tea that I would rate as wholly adequate. I can't speak for all their offerings, I've tried their English Breakfast as well. Anyway, I'm not much of an Earl Grey guy, but I figured I'd try it and if it was going to be only okay, Earl Grey is at least robust to okay-ness. At $13/pound, it's certainly acceptable.

Anyway, if you have other suggestions, I'm open to them.

5 comments:

MJ said...

This tea is great: http://www.therussianshop.com/russhop/samovar/ctea.htm

This looks like an expensive way to buy it, but we get it from our international store in tea bag form, at about $7/100 bags. Is more robust and manly than an Earl Grey, yet with delicate rose notes. Great with milk and sweetener or without.

Nemo said...

I can mail you some delicious Russian teas, if you want.

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

If you want to, that'd be cool. I'dd appreciate it.

Erik said...

I've recently made a heavy cutback on soda intake....I have been debating whether it is better to replace with teas or with beer. Homebrewing can be fun and moderately inexpensive.
that said, my taste in beverages is far too expensive for my own good.

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

Tea is quite cheap. If you do loose leaf, cheap stuff is 10 cents/cup, if you're paying more than 25 you're inefficient or buying pricey. If you're trying to compute costs, figure 10 cups per oz or one cup per 3g.