Monday, January 06, 2014

More on the Rand Paul Quote.

If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.

Sen Rand Paul on the proper use of domestic drones
It reminded me of a remark from twenty years ago in Ron Paul's newsletters. I don't know if actual authorial attribution is provided, I've only seen scans of pages of them and not had an entire issue in my hands to look for bylines and attribution, but they have Ron Paul's name on them, so that's who I'll say they belong to.

Anyway, this is what then-Rep Ron Paul (R-TX) "wrote":
If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be.
This perhaps provides a justification of why a drone might be a better choice for gunning them down. Same desired Paul-approved result (whichever Paul you want), but much more efficiently and effectively done. Also, more libertarian, as it doesn't require paying a police officer or, most importantly, a pension.

No comments: