Friday, July 07, 2006

dear gmail:

plz die kthxbye. So they have a thing where you can replace all their news with Atom/rss feeds of you own choosing. So, I was, in my infinite vanity, going to remove all of their news and replace it with something better, something brighter. GMail would have none of it. It protested, "L'URL du flux RSS/Atom est incorrecte." C'est impossible! Annoyed at it, I attempted several other feeds [only as an experiment, not out of any desire to read what anybody else has to say about anything] and met with universal failure. I expanded to real journals: First Things. Some worked. Others, not so much. Dozens of perfectly good RSS feeds were summarily rejected by the Google fascists [not that there's anything intrinsically wrong with fascism, I think it's merely impractical in most modern states]. Scientific research must be done. My feed must work.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Google is going to take over the world; I just know it.