Sunday, March 09, 2008

Stuff Orthodox Converts Like

So, the other day, I discovered Stuff White People Like. If you're not familiar with it, apparently white people like Graduate School, The Idea of Soccer, Whole Foods, Wrigley Field, and Coffee. Well, fair enough. I had the brilliant idea of doing my own spin-off, "Stuff Orthodox Converts Like", but, alas, Lent begins tomorrow, and that sort of commentary is really not appropriate during a penitential season. You will have to wait until after Pascha to see why Orthodox converts like monks, antinomianism, and making fun of the West.

3 comments:

Erik said...

well, I like monks, but seriously dislike antinomianism and making fun of the West (though I'm fascinated by the new perspective this brings to the "Reformation")

will I grow to like these things come chrismation? Has my catechetical instruction failed me thus far?

(oh, by the by, this is WebbedFeetOfClay, I stumbled on your blog a while back, hope you don't mind me reading/commenting)

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

Nobody says they like antinomianism, but when you look at their moral theology... And, well, you're white, but you don't like all ~80 (they update almost daily) things on "Stuff White People Like".

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Onion Dome could be persauded to do a spin-off blog!