Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Goal recap

Looking back on 2010's goals and thinking of this year's goals.
1. Did not crush many enemies.
2. Battled some cosmic evil.
3. Sought a little justice.
4. Did gain some weight and then lose some.
5. Didn't quite escape from the jorb, but, yes, I actually did do this. Won't comment publicly.
6. Didn't really do this.
7. PL total way over 500kg now, but not quite there on the olympic lifts.

This year's goals:
The first three are always the same.
4. Definitely escape the jorb this year or make it (pay) significantly better.
5. Indulge in some sort of "intellectual stimulation hobby" like chess or what-have-you on a regular basis. I've been playing cards a bit lately. Something with measurable levels of achievement and the potential for high levels of potential intellectual involvement.
6. PL total of 600 might be a bit much to shoot for. 550 is a little low. I'll still say 600. 230-140-230? I'm not going to have an OL goal.

EDIT: Adding a goal.
7. I suppose I should have some sort of goal about more regular social event type things, like board gaming nights or card game nights, especially since there are now quite a few sets of young couples around.

3 comments:

Nemo said...

Well, I think we should start up couples' card night. Spades or possibly Hearts (with the Jack of Diamonds rule). Euchre, even? It's not chess, I know, but there'd probably be food involved.

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

This should definitely happen. The wifing unit likes hearts. Euchre, though, would be great. I think skat would be cool, but that's a 3-player game and therefore doesn't work well for 4 (though they play on tables of 4 for tournaments with one person sitting out each round: LAME).

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

I'm going to note that social card game playing is great and we do want to do that, but there are few games that meet the criteria there. Basically, poker, bridge, and skat are the only ones I can think of that have that kind of "level" associated with them. Not really interested in poker or bridge, and skat doesn't get coverage in the Anglosphere. But that makes me want to add a goal...