Monday, April 16, 2012

Going back to the Motherland.

So I finally made a decision about what stats PhD program I will attend. I had it down to two rather good choices: one in Pennsylvania and one in Iowa. They were both about equal in terms of research fit and prestige. The one in Pennsylvania had a church, too, while the one in Iowa was close to my family and easier to travel to and from the places I need to travel to. In the end, the one in Iowa won out. There's a Greek church 30 miles away, so that's feasible. It's an easy half hour.

Anyway, I'm listening to Sretensky Monastery Choir's Pascha CD a lot this week because of Pascha.

2 comments:

123 said...

Also a WR ROCOR parish:

St John the Wonderworker
5133 Twana Dr.
DES MOINES, IA 50310
515-770-3881
frlev@me.com
www.stjohndsm.org

It's 27 miles from Ames.

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

Interesting, I'll be sure to check it out at some point during my stay there.